Tantrum Residency (previously Trajectory Residency) is our revamped annual program for local early-career artists or groups, providing them with space, mentoring, and the opportunity to forge professional connections around the creative development of their own new performance work.
Tantrum Residency is the perfect opportunity to test and refine ideas, seek feedback, and engage in the rigorous process of developing a new work while supported by the Hunter’s leading professional youth arts organisation.
In 2021, selected Tantrum Residency artists will receive:
- Access to the Tantrum Studio for development/rehearsal from February to April 2021 – specific dates/times by negotiation
- Mentoring by an established professional artist in a relevant field
- Regular catch ups with other residents and Tantrum’s artistic team
- An excursion to Sydney to connect with Shopfront’s ArtsLab residents and attend the presentation of their new works (Saturday 20 February 2021)
- A masterclass with Critical Stages Touring around independent producing and the future touring of your work
- The opportunity to present a development showing of your new work alongside other residents as part of a presentation season at Tantrum from 16-18 April 2021 (TBC)
- Technical support around the presentation season
Additionally, Critical Stages Touring have offered to contribute to accommodation and travel costs for a regional Hunter-based artist (i.e., living more than 1hr from Newcastle) to get involved in Tantrum Residency.
How Can I Apply?
Applications for Tantrum Residency are now closed.
Stay tuned on facebook, instagram and sign up for our e-news for more opportunities!