In Tantrum’s Creative Drama Workshops, we don’t teach drama. We use drama.
We use it to help young people make friends, to make sense of the world around them, to improve personal well-being, and to create safe spaces where they can be themselves, without judgement.
There’s no “syllabus”: every workshop is dynamic and responsive. The environment is non-competitive, so we can focus on process over outcome. Our participants are placed at the heart of what we do.
Our Workshop Faciltators
Our Workshop Facilitators plan activities unique to the interests and dynamics of each group – they are highly trained practicing artists who are experts at working with young people, especially those who often feel left out or like they don’t belong.
We dedicate time getting to know each participant, so we can help everyone get to know and appreciate each other.
We understand some young people find it difficult to make friendships – so we run activities designed to help our participants become friends with each other and grow in confidence.
Safety and Inclusion
- Tantrum Youth Arts is a child-safe environment.
- Our facilitators have First Aid and Youth Mental Health First Aid training.
- We offer OPEN Scholarships for young people facing disadvantage.
- We offer flexible payment plans for all families.
- We accept Creative Kids Vouchers.
- We offer discounts for multiple siblings.