Creative Drama Workshops
In Tantrum’s Creative Drama Workshops, we don’t teach creative drama. We use creative drama.
We use it to help young people make friends, to make sense of the world around them, to improve personal well-being, and to create safe spaces where they can be themselves, without judgement.
There’s no “syllabus”: every workshop is dynamic and responsive. The environment is non-competitive, so we can focus on process over outcome. Our participants are placed at the heart of what we do.
Our Workshop Facilitators
Our Workshop Facilitators plan activities unique to the interests and dynamics of each group – they are highly trained practicing artists who are experts at working with young people, especially those who often feel left out or like they don’t belong.
We dedicate time getting to know each participant, so we can help everyone get to know and appreciate each other.
We understand some young people find it difficult to make friendships – so we run activities designed to help our participants become friends with each other and grow in confidence.
- Tantrum Youth Arts is a child-safe environment – view our policies and documents
- Our Creative Drama Workshops are held on-site at our studio in Merewether.
- We offer OPEN Scholarships for young people facing disadvantage.
- Tantrum will continue to follow and respond to government health advice at all times. In the instance that the Tantrum site is all forced to close, workshops may move to online delivery. No refunds or credits will be given except in the event of workshops being cancelled.
- We are a registered Creative Kids provider, and a Discover NSW venue. You can redeem these vouchers at workshop registration.
2022 Workshop Tantrum Term Dates*
Term 1: 7 Feb 2022 – 8 April 2022
Term 2: 2 May 2022 – 1 July 2022
Term 3: 25 July 2022 – 23 Sept 2022
Term 4: 17 Oct 2022 – 16 Dec 2022
*Tantrum Term commences the second week of the school term. Each Tantrum Term lasts 10 weeks.
Term 1 2022
Get the Tantrum Tribe e-news!