The Trajectory program is proudly supported by City of Newcastle.
Tantrum’s Trajectory Residency is an annual program providing space, mentoring and technical support to selected emerging artists or groups for the creative development of exciting new performance work.
Trajectory Residency is the perfect opportunity to test and refine ideas, seek feedback and engage in the rigorous process of developing a new work, all with the support of Newcastle’s leading professional youth arts organisation.
In 2019, Tantrum is partnering with Newcastle Museum and Crack Festival to offer TWO residencies for emerging artists/groups. This exciting evolution of our residency program will support artists to develop new ideas and new performance through the provision of:
- Rehearsal/workshop space (minimum 70 hours)
- Mentoring by an established professional artist in your field
- The opportunity to present a development showing of the new work at Crack Festival (as part of This is Not Art) in Newcastle in October 2019
- A living allowance of $500 to support the artist(s) during the development of their work
- Access to office space, printing and Wi-Fi
- Administrative and marketing support
- Access to sound, lighting and AV equipment
Through the support of City of Newcastle, this year we’re partnering with Newcastle Museum to encourage emerging artists to take the plunge or continue to make their own original creative work in the Hunter. Resident artists are invited to propose and develop projects that respond to the Museum in some way, whether an item, story, exhibit, feature or space.
Crack Festival is part of This is Not Art and happens each year in Newcastle over the October long weekend. This year Crack is teaming up with five art companies across NSW who support the development of young artists and experimental work to present GENERATE. Supported by Create NSW, the GENERATE program provides mentorship, creative development and producing support to young and emerging artists creating exciting new work. Through our partnership with Crack Festival, the Trajectory Resident artists will be part of GENERATE this year.